Menu

Sunday 26 October 2014

Rexona Run 2014

Rexona Run To Your Beat 2014 was held at Seaside Boulevard, Mall of Asia with 5km, 10km, and 21km race categories, October 26, 2014. The event was held annually, now on its third year, the Rexona Run has become one of the most anticipated running events. 

Note: The above photo is not mine, credits to the owner. 

I joined the Rexona Run as a proxy due to ACL Injury suffered by a friend of mine and he was advised not to participate on the run because of the possible outcome that will result to worst situation. I was asked if I could fill in for him as a substitute, I gladly accept because running a marathon is listed in my bucket list.

The registered Runner and the Proxy: Nhoy and Me

It was a 21k run, I was thrilled and pressured knowing that this is my first official run and I didn’t even had a practice before joining the Rexona Run.

A few tips before joining a 21k run ;
- Practices; I didn’t allotted time in practicing, what I’ve got? A freaking body pain! 
- Eat a lot of food rich in Protein.
- Don’t drink alcohol or beer before the run.   

The run started exactly 3:00 am in the morning with the presence of thousand 21k runners, there were also DJ’s playing EDM music in every stations, we stopped by for a seconds and dance along with fellow runners in the station 1 where I had the chance to see sir RIO for the first time posing with some of the runners to have a pictures with him. 

The runners from left to right: Chan, Mong, Dang, Me, Jan and Martin

I finished the run with the time of 2 hours and 17 minutes and it was great, although there is that time my body wants to give up but my mind keep reminding me on how rewarding it would be to finish the run; “Mind over Matters” like they said which help me overcome the run. You have to believe it yourself and keep moving on!

 Wearing the finisher shirt and the medal

The team meet after the run and decided to take a picture around the MOA, especially at the photo booth and we surely enjoy the music of Spongecola. 

 Here are some pictures of us after the run:










Being courageous is a good thing, like having a picture with a lovely stranger.

Me and the lovely stranger

What surprised us is the epic proposal happen during the concert of the band (SPONGECOLA) which halted them for a few minutes.

This is what happened:
"Will you run with me for the rest of my life? And I promise, like Rexona, I won't let you down"
"Yes".
Note: The above photo is not mine, credits to the owner. 

Thumbs up to you sir and congratulation to the both of you!

We will surely be back next year and we'll definitely get better! Thank you Rexona!

||End

No comments:

Post a Comment